Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

WEEK 1 WORKOUT SUMMARY

So like I mentioned in last Monday's post, I've started to go to the gym again after a whole year of not working out. I may look thin, but I'm not in shape. Trust me. I searched all over the internet for work out routines and ended up mixing a few together. So now that my first week is over with, I wanted to share my routine with you in case you're looking for something too! (Obviously adjust the lbs. of the weights to suit your body and workout.)
Monday: Workout here
Tuesday: Took the day off because I was SO sore!
Wednesday: Wide Pushups: 3 sets, 12 reps per set
Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets, 12 reps per set, 10lb dumbbells
Flat Bench Cable Flys: 3 sets, 12 reps per set, 5 lb dumbbells
Narrow pushups: (Elbows really close to body), 3 sets, 12 reps per set
Standing dumbbell triceps extension: 3 sets, 12 reps per set, 15lb dumbbell
Tricep Pushdown: 3 sets, 12 reps per set, 35lbs
Core/Crunches: 3 sets, 25 in a row, slow, making sure shoulders come off the ground
Then immeadiatley go into: 10 straight leg raises, while laying down. Did 3 sets like this, 25 crunches to 10 leg raises, back to 25 crunches to 10 leg raises, etc. My whole core was hurting the next day!
Thursday: Took the day off again. I'm such a lightweight! Too sore!
Friday: Started with the core/crunches routine from Wednesday.
Seated dumbell shoulder press: 3 reps, 12 reps per set, 10lb dumbbells
Machine Leg press: 3 reps, 10 reps per set, 80lbs
Incline benchpress: 3 reps, 12 reps per set, 25lb barbell
Pull Downs: 3 reps, 12 reps per set, 50lbs
Barbell reverse lunge: 3 reps, 10 reps per set per leg, 20lb barbell
Dumbbell sumo deadlift: 3 reps, 10 reps per set, 20lb kettle bell






















My daily vitamin/supplement routine. Yes I'm 4 years old and eat Flintstones still. But they're so good!













A favorite dinner of ours. Seed bun, mayo or mustard, avocados, peppered turkey, and sprouts. Yum!






















My small morning breakfast after my workouts. Nectarine, blueberries, and turkey bacon.






















JT & I out in San Diego a couple weekends back. Happy birds :)

So 3 days of working out during the work week I think is pretty good! Contemplating to start going on weekends, but I think even if I don't, I still got a great start to this working out thing I'm doing now. Just remember, no matter how slow you go or how much you lift, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

PS: Is anyone's formatting in Blogger doing this ^? It won't let me place the text below the photos like I usually do. SOOOO frustrating. Help!

1 comment:

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love it! I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
xo, elle from Living in Color.