Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

JINX

So I jinxed myself. I got sick. Stayed on the couch ALL day yesterday watching a marathon of Rehab Addict on the DIY channel. Still recovering today, but back at work (sucks), and slightly drunk off my medicine cocktail I've been taking. I'm not as sick as JT was, but even being a little sick still sucks balls.

Since my outfit yesterday consisted of sweatpants and college tshirt, I thought I'd share our New Years Eve with y'all. Since JT was still pretty sick, we just decided to get dressed up and go out to a nice dinner here in town. Turns out though, when you wait till 3:45pm on NYE  to make dinner reservations you're not going to have much luck. We ended up scoring a 7:30 reso at a restaurant I'd never been to. I googled the menu and it looked awesome...steaks, seafood, wine..


But then when we arrived to the restaurant we were greeted with a NYE Specialty Menu. It wasn't special. It was filled with all kinds of items that I was not excited to eat....i.e. liver, quail eggs, elk, etc...
But we made the best of it..I ended up trying grouper for the first time and it was pretty good. We toasted with champagne and told each our most favorite and our least favorite thing about 2012. Then we talked about the things we wanted to accomplish in 2013 and we left the restaurant full of weird food, good champagne, and hopeful for the new year.




We ended our night quietly on the couch with a glass of more champagne and watched the ball drop on tv. Totally my idea of a NYE, but I'm sure next year we'll be doing it up at some club to make up for our cancelled plans this year. Annnnnd I got to wear my dress!! So excited and I can't wait to wear it again for something. I felt so beautiful in it...that's the best kind of clothes you can have..ones that make you feel like a million bucks. Love!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oh no, sorry you got sick!! If it's any consolation, I love your peplum dress you wore on NYE.
Feel better soon!
XO, Gina
http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com