Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

TWELVE TWELVE TWELVE

Can y'all believe it's almost the middle of the month already?! Before we know it the world is going to end. Or so I've heard. I just can't believe it's already going to be 2013...that means I've been doing real estate for a whole year already. Nuts.
When I first started real estate, and before I got my first commission check, I hated it. I wanted to quit after the first couple months. Seasoned Realtors were rude to me for no reason, clients were un-loyal, and I took everything to heart. Plus, I'd never EVER worked on commission only, so before I knew it my nice little bank account went down to zero while I worked my ass off for no pay. It was terrible. And I cried like a child a lot and started drinking red wine. JT told me to give it a year and see how I liked it then. Welp...it's been a year. And I know I don't want to do this for the rest of my life.
In real estate your pay isn't immeadiate. You get  an accepted offer and then at best you're looking at a month before you get a pay check. Sometimes, if it's a new construction or a short sale, you're looking at 3+ months before the house closes and then you get a paycheck. It can rock your world if you're not used to getting paid like that. I know it rocked my world.
Now that I've been doing real estate for a year I realize it takes a special type of person to be good at it and love it. I'm not that person. Although I've done exceptionally well my first year in the biz, I just don't care for being "on-call" at all times, dealing with highly stressed buyers, and not having a set schedule.
So while I look for other career options, I am looking forward to 2013 and potentially being about to start the Radiology program at my college. I get to apply in January and I couldn't be more excited! So I'm praying the world doesn't end before I get my chance to try this new thing I'm into.

In other news, I did a shit ton of Xmas shopping yesterday..knocking most of the people in my life off my list. And of course I couldn't help but pick up a little something for myself. I mean come on...gold chevron? I couldn't pass it up. And it was a steal at $7 compared to the usual $32. Nice!

I also got these two pairs of shoes for the niece and nephew..cute no? Both I scored at Marshalls for $19 for the Converse and $14 for the Carter Booties. How's your Christmas shopping going? Wrapping it up?

2 comments:

Always Maylee said...

You are adorable! Love the gold chevron phone cover. Seriously, a must buy.. I would have too. :0

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Heather said...

LOVE the boots for your niece. I would *almost* wear them around the house as slippers. Too cute. ;-)