Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wake Up and Smell The Post-It Notes


(A book my grandma got me when I was little. She used to read it to me all the time and it's still one of my fave's to go back and read again. It still smells the same as it did back when I first got it)

A couple days ago I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries, but as I was walking through the doors I was instantly side tracked by the realization that it was my favorite shopping season of the year, evidenced by all the new merchandise around. BACK-TO-SCHOOL-SUPPLY SHOPPING!!

I'm not sure how I got to be so enamored with this part of school, but shopping for brand new pens and pencils, new glossy folders and chunky notebooks is one of my favorite things to do of ALL time!

I love walking through the aisle and picking out cleverly designed folders and binders, bright highlighters, and cute pencil bags. The tradition for me was to come home after school supply shopping and organize all my school supply buys in my backpack. I took each item out of its package and placed it neatly in my (usually new) bag and got it all ready for the first day at school.

I sound like such a nerdy creep. BUT as I got older the backpack turned into a messenger bag (Paul Frank, loved) and then a Jessica Simpson tote (in college), but the supplies I bought usually always stayed the same.

I used to LOVE the RSVP pens, but now I buy the Bic Crystal ones, which I just got a pack of! I also got three brightly colored sticky notes in fuchsia, pink, and orange. Yum!

Buying school supplies for the job I have now is pretty lame because I can't go all out with the usual things, but I figure stickies and pens aren't crossing the line too much.

And when I opened my first pack of sticky notes the first thing I did (besides writing a note to myself) was flip through the pile and smell it. (Weird?) Yes. But I love the smell of a freshly opened pack of stickies. It got me thinking about all the other odd things I like the smell of:

Books from the library: The older the better! Like this one...


Love the dedication

It's actually about a boy named Jet, but my grandma didn't care, she always read the "he" as "she"!


The Post Office: Something about the mix of ink and paper and old metal P.O. boxes makes me want to stand in there all day!

The Boyfriends Jeep: When we first started dating he would pick me up in his lifted Jeep 4x4. It still smells that same, a mix of cologne, dirt/dust, and breath mints.

Gasoline:  Normal or racing fuel...take your pick!

What are some of your favorite smells?!
xo

OH and was I right or was I right?! She picked JP! YAY! Love them together!

No comments: