Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Where To Stay: Chase Field Ballpark, Phoenix, AZ Hotel

So a couple of weekends ago the boyfriend surprised me with tickets to go see the Diamondbacks play at their home field in Phoenix, Arizona. I was so excited because I LOVE baseball, but also because he not only bought tickets to Saturday's game but also to Sunday's game too! (What a sweetheart!)

I didn't want to leave all the spending up to him since he was going to drive his big ass truck to Phoenix as well, so I decided I would get us the hotel room for the night.

If y'all don't know, Phoenix is a humongous city, filled with suburbs and sister cities galore. So deciding on an area of Phoenix of which to book a hotel was quite the task. North Scottsdale or Scottsdale, Central Phoenix or Mesa, Chandler or Tempe....uggghhh the list goes on. I had no clue where the heck to book the dang room.

So I googled Chase Field Ballpark hotels and hardly got any help. Luckily with some clever word changing around, I found the Wyndham Phoenix Downtown.
It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's right in the middle of downtown diagonal from an amazingly good mexican restaurant called Matadors. (Must try, to die for salsa and cocktails!) We were close enough that we could WALK to the ballpark, but far enough away that we didnt hear all the rif-raff and traffic from the game afterwards.
The interior of the hotel is a total 360 from what the outside looks like. It's luxe and modern and fancy to say the least. The room was only $89 a night! (couldn't believe it!) But I actually upgraded to the "Baseball Package" which is $99 a night, but you get FREE valet for our stay which is usually $23 a night and two vouchers for the breakfast buffet in the morning which was SO good and fancy and filling.
To say the least I was very impressed with myself and the hotel. I didn't think this hotel would be as nice as it was and it was the perfect location to the ballpark. It was also quiet at night, the buildings that surround that area are all business buildings and no bars so you don't hear mobs of people walking around and talking loudly at all hours of the night. Niiiice. Sooo if you're looking for a place to stay around the Chase Field Ballpark, the Wyndham Phoenix Downtown is my recommendation.
That's all. xo

4 comments:

Ashley said...

holy crap what an awesome hotel! so amazing!

and i am IN LOVE with your blog background....seriously!

JET @ Moscato Villa said...

@Ashley, it was sooo much nicer than expected! Thank you so much! Sometimes I think it's too busy and want to change it, but I'm happy with it for now!

Unknown said...

OMG the Wyndham is one of the loveliest Phoenix hotels I have stayed at. I visit often for work and this is my fave!!! I also love your blog background. The colors are ideal!

Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind letting me know which webhost you're working with? I've loaded your blog
in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this
blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good internet hosting
provider at a reasonable price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
My web-site : how To calculate bmr