Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let's talk about it...

It's not something that we're proud to talk about, but acne, bumps, and blemishes happen to the best of us. I was just having a discussion with one of my best friends this week on exactly this. She was complaining because she's 24 and still breaking out. She was asking me for my advice on what kind of acne treatment I use. It has taken me years and years to finally find products that actually work for my skin. I tried ProActive but it made me break out in a rash...soooo that was a no go. Below are the products I use everyday along with my words of wisdom for anyone who's interested!


{My life saver}
I tried St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser because I saw the commercial and it said it reduced redness. I get red a lot so I thought I'd give it a chance. Not only does this stuff smell and taste delicious (don't ask how I know how it tastes..it was an accident) but it has been the best thing ever for my face. It keeps my skin breakout free and really does help the redness I usually get. I love it and use it every night before bed. Try it. It's my fave!

{The tried and true}
This is a popular one when it comes to face wash. This is such a gentle formula you almost feel like "Is this working?" when you use it. But I kid you not it has reduced or killed off pimples over night for me. I love it. I use it two ways. I'll leave it on my face/chest/back in the shower while I have conditioner in and then rinse it off before getting out. OR if I get a random pimple on my face I'll dab a bit of this on dry skin where the blemish is and leave it on over night. Not a big gob of it but enough to cover the affected area. I swear it turns it into nothing the next morning.

{Moisture Baby}
My favorite face moisturizer. It's not a fancy one or anything but it's thick and smells good and has SPF in it and it really feels good on my skin. Not weighing it down or anything. I even mix it with liquid foundation to make my own tinted moisturizer. Its a good go-to moisturizer for all over face. Great drugstore buy!
{From my home}

So there you have it. My face/skin washes I use everyday. I'm no expert but if you want my advice all I have to say is this:

I read in a magazine once that just taking your makeup off every night, no matter how tired you are, is the best thing you can do for  your face. Even if you dont have time to cleanse or moisturize, just taking OFF the makeup will help keep skin looking clear. After reading that I always ALWAYS take off my makeup. I used to go to sleep in full club/work/evening out makeup and wake up with the imprint of my face on my pillow. No bueno. Take of the makeup and wash your face. It's been working pretty well for me, but then again everyone's different. Hope this helps some people. Happy Thursday all!


Images Via, Via, Via, and from my own home

No comments: